Really pleased i was able to help you with my consolidation of the post and ty for your kind offer of a donation every little helps... no wait that's tescos!!
Much appreciated btc donations: 1GYbn5b8XEDd1bhdanGhDZRxus99qqP9ud
Just my thoughts on reading the whole thread and on extracting the relevant posts and overview of it all....
1) I am rather concerned that the FAB has not started on the chips yet... there is no fixed dates, no backing of a 30day time scale plan, no follow up from josh about where the fab is at with producing the chips etc.. if they have not even started... then we all fucked :P
2) It really does seem clear that Josh IS the front man and face of BFL.... Jody just behind him ... but from the posts I have to say everything points to Josh taking orders from a higher power and is told what to release to us and when to make a post for an update or give info on a setback.. I work in a sales company (though i am a dev) and I know all the tricks of the trade that sales and marketing people pull so personally... I would take everything that Josh says with a pinch of salt and READ BETWEEN THE LINES for actually what info is given and what is just waffle and bump to ease our minds for another month or so (without loosing new customers orders etc)
3) If I ran BFl.... Josh at this point would be getting comission on the number of cancellation orders that do NOT get processed as this is the sign that he is doing his job to buy BFL more time...
Sorry to sound harsh, and I met Josh (lovely guy and very genuine i'm sure) but this is a company looking to make profit at the end of the day and that is what capitalism gets u i'm afraid.
I just hope there are not still people with thousands of $ or £ invested in BFL that they can not afford to loose... any investment like such should only be done with money you can afford to write off as a complete loss... trust me i been there tooooo many time in the past.. for every 50 of my investments.. only 1-2 seem to actually work... the rest usually fail as if it was guaranteed... then everyone would be doing it.
Anyways hope everyone is well and had a good Tuesday
and last post by BitSyncom on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.0 is
So point 5 seems to suggest that this is a firm fixed date"So I've been neglecting emails a bit mostly because I am on the road and there has been tons of people recently asking when the second batch will be on sale, mixed with actual support problems I am sorting through, so I apologize in advance for any emails that should've been replied to but have yet to hear from. There's no doubt that crunch time is now and everyone inolved with Avalon is currently extremely busy. I will do my best to answer as much email as possible, once I am stationary on the 10th I suspect only then I'll be able to catch up.
Here's some notes:
1. please stop asking when Avalon will be available again for purchase, we will make an announcement when that happens.
2. We've mentioned before we will try to ship as much as possible before CNY, just exactly how many we can ship out can only be revealed when we start shipping and making estimates based on workflow. There will be another update regarding this matter once shipping starts, we at Avalon currently do not have the answer to this question unfortunately.
3. It is extremely important for our existing customer to verify that your Order's Address, Name and such shipping information is correct. In addition if your Order is still not marketed as "Completed" on our site please get in touch with me immediately, failure to do this will delay your shipping.
4. Regarding openWRT image, this is still a working progress, but I suspect in the next few days it will be ready, regardless it will and it have to be released before the actual product ships, so it is only a matter of time.
5. there's currently no problem that can cause change in delivery date, everything else is on schedule.
That's it. I had it.
I just sent a request for my refund. I wish you all good luck and I'm out of the bitcoin business.
I told you Josh I will be doing this and I hope you or your handlers are happy!!
Yes Josh THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!! You pushed me to this point. I will order from the company that ships first.
BTW Merry Christmas and have a happy new year.
We will not be shipping on the 14th ... not sure where that rumor got started. I will have an update by then though and it should be good news along with some more information with regards to the process up to this point and some good technical information with regards to our technology that has not been released yet... it should clear up some questions with regards to the delay and some other areas people were concerned with.