Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2122 Post(s)
    Follow BFL_Josh On Twitter Add BFL_Josh on Facebook
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Blog Entries

Ignore User

Eclipse Mining Consortium: No Fee/PPS/DGM/SMS/2FA/GBT/Stratum/Vardiff

Mining Server: stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333
    Mining Server: stratum+tcp://us2.eclipsemc.com:3333
    Mining Server: stratum+tcp://us3.eclipsemc.com:3333
    Mining Server: stratum+tcp://eu.eclipsemc.com:3333

We are the first & only pool to offer you both Hop Proof DGM & PPS on the same pool.

EMC is also a Stratum & GetBlockTemplate (GBT) pool, which means we are ready for ASIC. We use both Stratum, GBT and variable difficulty shares to allow for a virtually unlimited hashrate on each server.

As an added bonus, if you don't wish to create and account, we also offer Anonymous PPS - you don't even have to create an account. Just point your miners at the pool, set your username to your BTC or Dwolla ID (depending on what kind of payout you want) and start mining. That's it!

This is a zero fee pool on our DGM scoring system.. We do not charge you fees for mining with our pool with DGM and we pay out to all 8 decimal places. No more storing sub .02 amounts in your account, we pay you everything you've earned.

We are built from the ground up with security in mind and completely original, custom code. All traffic is encrypted (with the exception of block traffic, since it's meaningless in terms of security), database passwords are hashed & salted, worker passwords are divorced from the account passwords, etc...

You are free to sign up with any email address, we don't verify. However, you won't be able to use our password recovery or Email notification features if your email address isn't accurate.

We are a double geometric scored pool, but we also offer PPS mininig. We use Meni Rosenfeld's scoring algorithm which awards each user fairly based on their contribution to the block. This prevents pool hoppers from taking a substantial portion of your profit. For more information, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497.0

All of our features are active for everyone during the testing phase and depending on how donations go, they may remain free indefinitely, those features include, but are not limited to:

• Anonymous PPS - You can mine on EMC anonymously via PPS. No account required! Just use your BTC address or Dwolla ID as your user name, depending on which method of payout you want.
    • Authenticated PPS - PPS with all the features of Eclipse as your dispoal.
    • Yubikey Support - For your security, we support One Time Password (OTP) Yubikey two-factor authentication
    • Google Authenticator - For your security, we also support Google Authenticator as a two-factor authentication mechanism as well
    • Instant Payout for all work completed (Including unconfirmed blocks and even the current block!)
    • SMS Notifications on failed miner, payouts, account changes and solved blocks
    • Email notification on failed miner, payouts, account changes and solved blocks
    • Privacy Mode
    • Automatic Profitability Calculator for each miner
    • 8 decimal place payout
    • Payouts in BTC or directly with Dwolla in USD
    • Payout lock on critical account changes
    • Geographically distributed and redundant infrastructure
    • Scalable architecture for future growth
    • Detailed Graphs and statistics
    • Mobile pages for viewing on your mobile devices[/li]
    • Complete JSON API
    • Long Polling Support
    • On Demand payouts
    • Automatic payouts

All this is wrapped up in an easy to use interface!

We have a main work server on port 3333 located at:

us1.eclipsemc.com
    us2.eclipsemc.com
    us3.eclipsemc.com
    eu.eclipsemc.com

To connect with CGMiner/BFGMiner:

./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333 -O <username>:<password>
    ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333 -O <username>:<password>

Last edited by BFL_Josh; 11-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Some problems with stratum, port 3334 seems closed:

root@5-1:~/stratum-mining-proxy# ./mining_proxy.py -o 208.110.68.114 -p 3334 -rt -nm -v
    2012-11-13 06:16:48,872 INFO proxy jobs.<module> # C extension for midstate not available. Using default implementation instead.
    2012-11-13 06:16:49,150 INFO proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum proxy version: 1.1.1
    2012-11-13 06:16:49,151 INFO proxy mining_proxy.main # Trying to connect to Stratum pool at 208.110.68.114:3334
    Unhandled error in Deferred:
    Unhandled Error
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Failure: stratum.custom_exceptions.TransportException: SocketTransportClientFactory connection timed out

Trying port 3333:
    2012-11-13 06:41:04,138 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 0 peers connected, state changed 1 times
    2012-11-13 06:41:06,971 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 1 peers connected, state changed 1 times
    2012-11-13 06:41:06,972 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Connected to Stratum pool at 208.110.68.114:3333
    2012-11-13 06:41:06,972 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for mining jobs
    2012-11-13 06:41:07,226 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_disconnect # Disconnected from Stratum pool at 208.110.68.114:3333
    2012-11-13 06:41:07,226 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 0 peers connected, state changed 1 times
    2012-11-13 06:41:10,372 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 1 peers connected, state changed 1 times
    2012-11-13 06:41:10,373 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Connected to Stratum pool at 208.110.68.114:3333

Last edited by eryngi; 11-13-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2122 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Stratum port was changed to 3333 for compatibility... I guess I forgot to update this thread, oops! Sorry about that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Yeah, I Googled Inaba and found a lot of interesting stuff, but nothing about Eclipse.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2122 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    I am the operator of EMC. I started EMC long before BFL even existed and I can't really divest myself of the pool without just basically disbanding it, but I haven't really mixed BFL and EMC at all, so there's not any sort of conflict of interest I can see or anything at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Ignore User
    how is Eclipse funded if not taking fees?

I sell shiny bike parts- [URL="http://www.blingmybike.com.au"]BlingMyBike.com.au[/URL]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2122 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    I run it at break even and even at a loss most of the time actually. Unlike a lot of other pools, I run it because I want to, not because I'm trying to make a living off of it or anything. I originally started the pool because no pools were out there that had all the features I wanted and I wanted to reduce my variance... so I wrote my own.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post
    I run it at break even and even at a loss most of the time actually. Unlike a lot of other pools, I run it because I want to, not because I'm trying to make a living off of it or anything. I originally started the pool because no pools were out there that had all the features I wanted and I wanted to reduce my variance... so I wrote my own.
    This is why I love you Josh. No homo.

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Check out LabRatMining:[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.labratmining.com/"][B][U][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]LabRatMining[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B][/URL]
    If you have found anything I said useful in any way... thank me here : 1wipNq7k5VQ9VTPsk3zRjFmsmZsAQnNSC
    or give me some rep here. ↓↓↓↓↓

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Ignore User
    didn't quite answer the question Josh I'm still curious how you cover the operating costs.
    I'm going to have to join a pool-EMC seems as good as any.

I sell shiny bike parts- [URL="http://www.blingmybike.com.au"]BlingMyBike.com.au[/URL]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Ignore User
    I don't have faith in much these days but I do trust in Josh