You cannot rate threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats

Ignore User

Cloudhashing / GX Mining Scam?

I am new to the whole bitcoin world I have been trying to do research on the mining world. I am sure this has probably been stated and I may receive some hate for this but i figure its worth repeating either way. In my research I have found Cloud Hashing and GX mining, both offering things that seem too easy. One is offering you contracts for them to mine and the other is offering you a 100 gh/s miners in stock and ready to go. After further research i found that most people didn't believe them either (gx mining more than cloud hashing). One thing that most people didn't notice that they both have the same address and similar contact info, also cloud hashing has admited that it uses a virtual office on this forum however on there site it says that's where their offices are.

Am I wrong on this? Have I just misunderstood the info or am I right? I will say being new to bitcoin it is hard to tell the difference between real companies with the scammers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconX View Post
    I am new to the whole bitcoin world I have been trying to do research on the mining world. I am sure this has probably been stated and I may receive some hate for this but i figure its worth repeating either way. In my research I have found Cloud Hashing and GX mining, both offering things that seem too easy. One is offering you contracts for them to mine and the other is offering you a 100 gh/s miners in stock and ready to go. After further research i found that most people didn't believe them either (gx mining more than cloud hashing). One thing that most people didn't notice that they both have the same address and similar contact info, also cloud hashing has admited that it uses a virtual office on this forum however on there site it says that's where their offices are.

Am I wrong on this? Have I just misunderstood the info or am I right? I will say being new to bitcoin it is hard to tell the difference between real companies with the scammers.
    Well if it was that easy...you'd hear more talk about it in shoutbox here i'd imagine.....imho it is a scam......big time ....for what it is worth .......also right now butterfly labs and Avalon and maybe in future kncminer and asciminer (although at 300mh not worth the cost) are the only ones that remotely come to mind as legit of in kncminer's case at least making probabaly a valid attempt at mnfg of asic miners....if others they are way out of my price range imho

Last edited by Searing; 06-16-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Well here is the thing KNCMiner is advertising cloud hashing on there homepage not in an ad spot but as content that they are providing their clients, that is one of the reasons why i was questioning if cloud hashing at the very least was a scam. Thank you very much for your input though it has been a big help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Is Josh on Holiday?

Ignore User
    If UK based, then someone was at the recent London BitCoin meetup.

I think he was genuine, but I wan't convinced by the business model. Actually, I couldn't make sense of the business model - but we didn't talk for long. In any event, I would urge caution, and, given that the whole premise is that you can basically buy INSTALLED hash/s for immediate use, I see no reason not to wait until others have jumped first. Of course, I'm sure there are cheap rates for pre-purchasers; but it's a bit like buying an unbuilt apartment of the plans - it's a dumb move unless the developer can demonstrate previous success.

At this stage, I would regard it as a much higher risk investment than my 2013 BFL hardware purchase.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconX View Post
    Well here is the thing KNCMiner is advertising cloud hashing on there homepage not in an ad spot but as content that they are providing their clients, that is one of the reasons why i was questioning if cloud hashing at the very least was a scam. Thank you very much for your input though it has been a big help
    hmmm...did not know that about kncminer....heck for all I know they could be selling well intentioned vaporware..many try to make miners few stick it out...its hard at this point in time...anyway...the 28mm chip that kncminer says it will have out in sept ...not sure I really buy that at this point in time either but i'm a noob also compared to a lot of these guys in forums maybe they will chime in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
    If UK based, then someone was at the recent London BitCoin meetup.

I think he was genuine, but I wan't convinced by the business model. Actually, I couldn't make sense of the business model - but we didn't talk for long. In any event, I would urge caution, and, given that the whole premise is that you can basically buy INSTALLED hash/s for immediate use, I see no reason not to wait until others have jumped first. Of course, I'm sure there are cheap rates for pre-purchasers; but it's a bit like buying an unbuilt apartment of the plans - it's a dumb move unless the developer can demonstrate previous success.

At this stage, I would regard it as a much higher risk investment than my 2013 BFL hardware purchase.
    Originally I was trying to find ways get around waiting for 2-3 months after placing an order now but after what i have seen with all the scams and fraudsters it may be worth just waiting it out and going from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Anyone can throw up a picture on on their website and start taking orders.

I don't trust anyone who hasn't delivered. BFL has delivered.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Ignore User
    I like the idea of "cloud hashing" large group of folks investing in equip and splitting profits..only problem is....'I know i'm trustworthy enough" (and maybe you reading this) to host and keep track of such an endeavor...ie be honest about the books....but that is probably where the whole thing hits a brick wall...........how you gonna verify the 1 out of 10 legit attempts at a co-op of this kinda thing? (assuming I know what cloudhashing is ..so from the above I am assuming that is what it is)....wanders off mumbling to self ..."frig'ing btc universe"