After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today. That's my update. It's an update I'm not happy about at this point and it may very well be that things will wrap up sooner than that. I am hoping I was just given a date that they would be sure to be ready by so we would get off their case. When pressed for a reason why, I have been told that because this is a very dense, hand routed design they are afraid of making a mistake and have required extra checking and sign offs which has slowed down the whole process considerably. They don't want to be on the hook financially for having to redo the whole order. It sounds reasonable to me and I have no reason to doubt this, but it doesn't make it any more palatable at the moment.
That said, after reviewing the new information coming out of the bASIC camp and the Avalon camp, I'm pretty convinced we won't see a shipping product on their current timelines either, or at least not a product that is at the specs they have given. Unless they have significant information they are not sharing in their released information so far, I suspect they are going to run into some of the same problems we have run into and have resolved, which has caused our delays. This does not excuse the fact that we are delayed again, by any means. I just want to point out that this process (developing ASICs) is not a trivial process and there are bound to be bumps in the road, which everyone, including us, are experiencing right now. Be that as it may, as usual we will gladly honor any refund requests on orders people have placed with BFL. If you wish to cancel your order and request a refund, please email [email protected] with your order number and customer service will be happy to accommodate you.
I apologize for this new delay and I am exceptionally displeased at the moment (to put it mildly). I am hoping for better news at some point in the near future, but I am not counting on it right now. I don't have any additional information at this time; I have pushed for as much information as I could get and this is what I received so far. I'm afraid of running into the