Like Tree89Likes

Thread: LS/S/MR Status speculation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats

Ignore User
    BFL will make what they make, and ship what they ship. Everything is already sold two or three months ahead, so it makes no difference what people on this forum say. Pressure to deliver is moderate and persistent, but it isn't the same pressure as when you're competing on a daily basis for customers' money.

Deal with it. Move on.

One day, the box will be on your doorstep. Let the good times roll.

tripjammer and DrJoeGrine like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by arorts View Post
    What qualifies me? Well, BFL is bringing up technical aspects so if they are not interested in discussing them then they wouldn't be posting about them. So THAT and being a Kickstarter/investor in this company and since I'm not shy qualifies me to openly comment :-)
    It's your own mind calling it alpha since I never said that. I meant a production quality firmware but guess what? any firmware is ready as long as it performs within the published specs. Disaster?? So delaying a product for say a month is not a disaster but missing 2.5Gh/s is a disaster?? A company can take years to perfect a firmware. ANY consumer product company even spending billions of dollars in R&D needs to ship at some point once their "confidence" is reached, knowing that there are potential bugs/issues down the road.

Delay of only a "few days" with firmware?? hmmm...do you have alzheimer or stockholm syndrome ?? Check the official post from April 15th (there were probably even earlier ones) , referring to firmware. As far as I know that's more than a "week." But hey, don't blame me since I didn't come up with those dates but BFL itself. lol.

So If the boards are non-flashable, then it means it wasn't probably well architected but since you don't care other than the perfect firmware, then extending the wait for say another 6 months to make it flashable is ok, right? (because non-flashable by definition can only be an alpha/beta version, right? :-)

Regarding bricking units. Well that'd be customer stupidity.
    There are clauses so if a customer bricks a unit, guess what? It's their problem not BFL so no need to go paranoid about RMAs. Many companies have upgradable flash products but there is something called contracts/EULAs in case of malfunction due to customer negligence or messing with the product. Those companies perfectly deal with that. I don't see why BFL would need to be be the exception.
    If there are other issues, well then they shouldn't be hidden by blaming other things and picking them as scapegoats i.e. BFGMiner (what If I hate BFGminer and prefer Bitminter?) or missing "parts" so is it going to be "parts" or bfgminer? I'm just asking since that's what I'm reading in their own posts. Lol! At least some consistency in the issue is expected rather than flip flopping.

Sure, there could be some latency but I find hard to compare the benefit of fixing it with the daily lost value for customers not counting with a product. Besides, there was "high confidence" in larger product lines since just 1-2 weeks ago, wasn't it? It's even shown in the news ticker in your face every second so perhaps you know something that others don't? I'm just trying to make sense out of BFL's own statements since they openly discuss them here. Lol. But sure, let's keep waiting while BTC is corrected and drops 20-30% in the last few days (which, BTW, in my own analysis, hasn't even completed its correction), rendering a miner equipment investment useless and defeating its own purpose anyway.
    I don't have anything against you and opinions are voiced all the time around here.

The point I'm trying to make is that nobody but BFL has the whole story and I would hope that when they do something it's for good reason. They're not beholden to us to explain every move they make in exacting detail, they're beholden to us to deliver the GH/s we ordered. If we don't like the way they're doing it or it's taking too long there's the refund option.

How much BTC will your ASIC make? https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl...html#post39186

The beer fund,
    BTC 1MQLfiKA5A6goEiSwMdVyVvFw4YgCj489V
    LTC
    LWUQSovF76vTPoCnoH9NzfChX6dxQ6Qra7
    FTC
    6vY8FSbfXMdLEqjpHNGzkcnZa2XXKF9opk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1720 Post(s)
    Follow BFL_Josh On Twitter Add BFL_Josh on Facebook
    Latest Blog
    Busy day!
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    The firmware is finalized and the long boards are finalized. I will get a count of how many longboards are coming in this week tomorrow (Monday) to see where we stand. I believe BFGminer is fixed (and I will be sending long boards to Con and Kano for CGMiner to have it fixed) and ready to go.

All product lines should start shipping next week unless something unexpected come up between now and tomorrow afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Awesome!
    Hail to the Josh!
    With difficulty rising and the BTC price tanking, there is no time to waste now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post
    The firmware is finalized and the long boards are finalized. I will get a count of how many longboards are coming in this week tomorrow (Monday) to see where we stand. I believe BFGminer is fixed (and I will be sending long boards to Con and Kano for CGMiner to have it fixed) and ready to go.

All product lines should start shipping next week unless something unexpected come up between now and tomorrow afternoon.
    "Next Week" means in the next 7 days or ...

Today could be seen as the start of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    The 9th of May update?

Ignore User
    Thanks for the update. Products will ship next week that was two weeks ago. Josh, you forgot to say hopefully next week this time, so I guess you really mean it this time. I hope,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Red LED Status means?

Ignore User
    Power for single about what Josh said before ~300W. Yea. https://twitter.com/BFL_News/status/343895841788010496

BFL_Josh (Shoutbox) - Power at the wall for 63.5 GH/s is 320w. I will test some more boards tomorrow to make sure this one isn't a fluke

tripjammer and whitetomas like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Ignore User
    TY JOSH!

Hoping to see my LS soon... happy hashing everyone!

"Whether in a suit, or in a loincloth, people are ignorant little thorns cutting into one another." - Nny
    "I've relinquished control of my insanity." - Nny
    "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it." -Edith Sitwell

Tips and Donations: BTC 1DAemoNXFNQxeDQAeRdEg245WvYsCfdgE9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post

Wow it feels like I'm in a dream reading this post. I had to stop and stare and read it over and over again. Its like the Satoshi Christ just spoke to me.

tripjammer likes this.

Junior Member Granville H. Oury's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Hardware ROI Calculator

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by thay View Post
    Thanks for the update. Products will ship next week that was two weeks ago. Josh, you forgot to say hopefully next week this time, so I guess you really mean it this time. I hope,
    LOL your post reminded me of this: two minutes turkish - YouTube

In any event, I will be happy when all lines start shipping.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast