Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Word on the street. ..
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats

Ignore User
    Interesting. ..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by pagent View Post
    Hey grnbrg - someone was ranting recently that the major problem was related to PCB's that wouldn't support the chip - and that they would likely all need to be remanufactured. Is there any credibilty to this? Has someone from BFL said something about it?
    I'm truly amazed at how they managed to fuck up EVERY step of the way. If they still manage to come out on top after everything, I think my eyes will just pop..

HTML Code:
        .---.           _....._                                                                   ~;
       /  p  `\     .-""`:     :`"-.                                                            ,/|\,
       |__   - |  ,'     .     '    ',                                                        ,/' |\ \,
        ._>    \ /:      :     ;      :,                                                    ,/'   | |  \
         '-.    '\`.     .     :     '  \                                                 ,/'     | |   |
            `.   | .'._.' '._.' '._.'.  |                                               ,/'       |/    |
              `;-\.   :     :     '   '/,__,                                          ,/__________|-----' ,
              .-'`'._ '     .     : _.'.__.'BFL                                      ___.....-----''-----/
             ((((-'/ `";--..:..--;"` \                                               \        Bitcoin   /
                 .'   /           \   \                                          ~~-~^~^~`~^~`~^^~^~-^~^~^~-~^~^
                ((((-'           ((((-'                                            ~-^~^-`~^~-^~^`^~^-^~^`^~^-~^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by samwell_1 View Post
    good points grnbrg , but as we have seen in the past with mr. josh zerlan, silence is not golden. he is delaying now to buy himself some much needed time to break the bad news that the PCB's are non-functional. his non update updates are a sign of serious problems dead ahead.
    This ground plane issue inductance with the PCB's is not fixable, so they will have to completely re-design the PCB's which will create another 2-3 month delay, best case.
    It would be nice to hear what BFL has to say about this.

Chinese airshit ~~~~~~~ keepbitcoinfree.org ~~~~~~~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrödinger View Post
    It would be nice to hear what BFL has to say about this.
    they say.....nothing. They stay silent and who knows, maybe even delete the posts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Follow BFL_Josh On Twitter Add BFL_Josh on Facebook
    Latest Blog
    Busy day!
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    I have no idea where this ludicrous "ground plane issue" rumor got started, but whoever started it is out of touch with any sense of reality. There is no ground plane issue on the PCBs. The hold up right now is the test rig and debugging it... since that is what we are doing at the moment, there's nothing new to update. Once the test rig issue is resolved, we will resume the process going forward. I am loathe to detail the process at this point, it is just fuel for the trolls who like to pick apart every word type and analyze it for conspiracy theories. I will update when I have an update that's worth posting. Smaller updates I will post in the chat, and thanks to the magic of the grrnbrg they will make it to twitter. At this time, I wholeheartedly endorse grrnbrgs unofficial twitter feed.

Just as an unrelated side note, it would take approximately 24 hours to get new PCB's made if we had to redesign them for some reason. Depending on whatever would need to be done to the PCBs, the actual design work would take two or three days typically, unless it was a complete redesign and there would be basically no reason in the world to do that at this point. I don't know why anyone would think 4 - 6 weeks for a PCB redesign, that's just crazy. We have gone through many, many board redesigns since this process started, I've only pictured two or three of the 6 or 7 revisions we've had throughout the process. Basically, we could have a redesigned board ready to go by the time the chips arrived at the facility, that has never been a sticking point.

I haven't been posting much because I am very busy with other issues related to getting these chips out and making sure everything is ready once they arrive here in KC. I will make time to sit down and go through some of the threads here as soon as I can, but right now I am focusing on all the details for shipping. The daily DDoS doesn't help, but I've mostly gotten that automated at this point, so it's no longer that big of a concern or time suck thankfully.

Last edited by BFL_Josh; 03-20-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Word on the street. ..

Ignore User
    can somebody post Grnnbrgs Twitter address here please ?
    Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by valantini View Post
    Regards.
    https://twitter.com/BFL_News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post
    At this time, I wholeheartedly endorse grrnbrgs unofficial twitter feed.
    Subtext: ...as long as he doesn't post any more naked self-pics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by valantini View Post
    Regards.
    @BFL _News

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Yeah, because there cant be no "ground plane issue inductance with the PCB's", this is major bullshit. The only thing that could be is a "ground plane capacitance issue" induced by the capacity between the PCB and the ground plate repectively case (box of fans). And that can be easily fixed, for instance with ur finger or if you do not want to hold your finger on the case 24/7. Use bubblegum or something similar.

Last edited by Schrödinger; 03-20-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Chinese airshit ~~~~~~~ keepbitcoinfree.org ~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast