You cannot rate threads
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Refund Request - Update - Butterfly Labs email message to a customer asking a refund!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats

Ignore User

Refund Request - Update - Butterfly Labs email message to a customer asking a refund!

This thread has been started here because my other thread has been moved off-topic and it does not feel right to me since I am a customer, this is BFL response to my EMAIL
    regarding a refund request I sent to BFL 10 days ago and STILL NOT Today received any of my money back, and I ordered 4 x Singles @ 1447$ a piece,
    so I would like to hear the reasons for which BFL will move THIS THREAD to Off Topic and for WHAT REASONS, as this is as ON TOPIC as it can ever be.
    Useless to say that I can prove every bit of what is written here (email server logs, email headers with IP addresses and everything else required) and that the email came from them.

UPDATE:

So yesterday I spent ALL day and half a night on this forum and I also sent BFL 3 emails with my Paypal address and Bitcoin hash.
    I just woke up now and I found the following email from them:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Your pre-order is in the queue for a refund. I can only send these wires during banking hours and sometimes I don't have enough hours in the day to do all of them. Our website specifically says that all sales are final and that we will not refund you. Even so we have made exceptions and are working to refund those orders from people who no longer want to wait in the pre-order queue. If possible I will send your refund on Monday. Either way I will let you know if it was accomplished. Banks do not make sending wire transfers as easy, nor as quick as using PayPal.

Sincerely,

Jody
    BF Labs, Inc.

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM, G. Daniel wrote:
    Since I still did not get any news from you, although you promised that I have the amount fully refunded via PayPal or Bitcoin today and I spent the last 12 hours in front of the computer especially for this, I want to let you know
    in the spirit of fair trade that I will find myself forced to file a complaint with
    - Romanian authorities
    - International Banking Association
    - IFCCFbi Complaint Center Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
    backed up by the bank documents that attest the transfer to you, and bank has been notified that if I file the complaint they will back me up with their formal complaint sustaining mine with their internal documents, forum threads, email exchanges between us including headers and full TeamViewer access to my computers to show logs, headers and screenshots, and the way the forum discussions about my problem were conducted by your part,
    if I do not get the amount refunded as agreed, because due to the lack of support from your part, I see no other way to get my money back.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Now I re-paste their message and I want explanations about the BOLD parts of their reply *bold is mine to emphasise key points*:

Your pre-order is in the queue for a refund. I can only send these wires during banking hours and sometimes I don't have enough hours in the day to do all of them. Our website specifically says that all sales are final and that we will not refund you. Even so we have made exceptions and are working to refund those orders from people who no longer want to wait in the pre-order queue. If possible I will send your refund on Monday. Either way I will let you know if it was accomplished. Banks do not make sending wire transfers as easy, nor as quick as using PayPal.

Sincerely,

Jody
    BF Labs, Inc.

EXCEPTIONS for refunds? ON WHAT CRITERIA YOU BASE YOUR SELECTIONS when you make these EXCEPTIONS?

So, after yesterday I sent THREE emails with my Bitcoin Wallet ID and Paypal address now I hear that ALL ORDERS ARE FINAL AND THAT ON WEBSITE IS WRITTEN ALL THIS STORY so in other words,

ALL SALES ARE FINAL FOR SOMETHING THAT AT THIS MOMENT DOES NOT EVEN EXIST, WORKS OR HAS BEEN TESTED ???????

Quote again:
    Banks do not make sending wire transfers as easy, nor as quick as using PayPal.

BUT WHY MY BANK MADE THE TRANSFER TO YOU in 2 days ? WHY that way was easy? You received the funds in 2 days, and NOW FROM USA where everything is lightning-fast internet banking which we all also use here
    in 3rd world NON ENGLISH NATIVE Countries (people here I see that tend to express that way regarding us, Non-Americans) IS VERY HARD TO WIRE SOME MONEY BACK TO THE SENDER?

Last edited by gundan; 03-10-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Did you send 6k to them and waiting for getting your money back too ?
    If not please be quiet, I am really looking for valid, logic, documented answers FROM BFL.
    Since when its madness to want your money back?
    If I have gotten the refund 10 days ago when I requested it, these posts would not be here now.

Last edited by gundan; 03-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Ignore User
    I GOT THE REFUND NOW VIA PAYPAL FROM BFL, transaction is now Clearing with Paypal SO:
    From my point of view, I consider all MY threads on this matter : CLOSED, SOLVED and I somehow thank BFL for finally solving this.
    Happy mining everybody.

Theo
    And when i was just about to say that everyone else that asked for a refund got it, what makes your measly 6k Shitty worth of money while they have somewhere around 5mill (just guessing) on Pre orders.. (Some one told me BFL had 20mill not sure if thats true hmm).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    And when i was just about to say that everyone else that asked for a refund got it, what makes your measly 6k Shitty worth of money while they have somewhere around 5mill (just guessing) on Pre orders.. (Some one told me BFL had 20mill not sure if thats true hmm).
    6k in dollars is shitty? Send them my way idiot.

Back to the topic, i wonder why BFL rep said that all sales are final and no refund?
    Did BFL pull Avalon BS now?

Sneakgeekz likes this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    TerraHash Folds!!!

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by gundan View Post

.....Our website specifically says that all sales are final and that we will not refund you. Even so we have made exceptions and are working to refund those orders from people who no longer want to wait in the pre-order queue.......

Sincerely,

Jody
    BF Labs, Inc.
    That has me a little worried now. I don't recall ever seeing all sales are final anywhere on the site. Can someone tell me where I find this? I hope they don't go and add it in now.

This seems to mean to me that once they start shipping out product they will no longer allow product refunds.

That kinda concerns me because I have 2 orders in which I now have to re-evaluate and decide whether to cancel or keep very soon. Otherwise I maybe unable to get refunded later on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Did BFL pull Avalon BS now?
    avalons WHOLE first batch is confirmed and shipped, ALL of first batch!!!

Last edited by Luuzer; 03-10-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIC-J View Post
    That has me a little worried now. I don't recall ever seeing all sales are final anywhere on the site. Can someone tell me where I find this? I hope they don't go and add it in now.

This seems to mean to me that once they start shipping out product they will no longer allow product refunds.

That kinda concerns me because I have 2 orders in which I now have to re-evaluate and decide whether to cancel or keep very soon. Otherwise I maybe unable to get refunded later on.

Butterfly Labs, INC. is accepting pre-orders for ASIC based products, expected to begin shipping in late October or early November 2012. Your pre-order with payment confirms your place in line for delivery once we begin shipping. Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable until products begin shipping or 1 January 2013, whichever is earlier.

I will let someone else to chime in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ignore User
    How can all sales be final when there is no product to speak of, PLEASE explain.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast