150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Follow BFL_Josh On Twitter Add BFL_Josh on Facebook
    Latest Blog
    Busy day!
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Blog Entries

Ignore User

More Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update

Attached are some more pictures of the Jalapeno. It's in one of it's prototype homes, but the design is changed and we are waiting on the updated box to be delivered now. However, the fundamental design will remain unchanged, just some cosmetic changes (laser etched top, no silver, etc...)

We are not going to make the first half of November shipping goal. Right now, I want to say fourth or fifth week of November, but lots of little issues have cropped up, pushing the shipping date out a bit here and there. To be on the safe side, I would estimate the end of November / beginning of December as a likely ship date. We've had some trouble sourcing the VFD screens for the Minirig SC; the wharehouse told us they had about 5x as many screens as they really have on hand, so we are coming up short. The good news is that we've come up with an alternate solution that is so full of awesome, I am going to save that for a later update. It is, however, necessitating a redesign of the Minirig SC case, though it won't really affect the timeline in any material fashion, as it's just one part that needs to be changed a bit to accommodate the new screen.

We are also still waiting on the HSF for the Single SC to show up - the factory has been a bit slow in that department, so that set things back a bit.

We expect the final chip versions to be in our hands in ~25 days, with final assembly and shipping to begin a few days after that.

More Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update-jalapeno-1.jpgMore Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update-jalapeno-2.jpgMore Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update-jalapeno-3.jpgMore Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update-jalapeno-4.jpgMore Jalapeno Pictures & Shipping Update-jalapeno-5.jpg

Lord, opticfibre, Davron and 6 others like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Hey Josh. Thanks for the update. Say, something I've been wondering about for a few hours now. After staring at the BFL logo for days now thinking that I'd just encountered a similar pattern in my various Internet wanderings, I finally realized why it seemed so familiar. Could it be? Is your logo really and truly roughly based on a visualization of a common Lorenz attractor solution? See here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_system
    Bizarre...

Andreaus likes this.
    Please help me pay off the BTCjam loan I took out for my Jalapeno. Oh, and college and stuff. Donate to me here: 1Fxjz5jz62biZLhynoCwCC2m9WNw82ZMD9
    Also, if you have any ideas for services I could provide for Bitcoins and where to advertise such services, please PM me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Sweet. Glad I came back on tonight. In the middle of a hurricane = perfect time to check out the jalapeño.

Check out LabRatMining: LabRatMining
    If you have found anything I said useful in any way... thank me here : 1wipNq7k5VQ9VTPsk3zRjFmsmZsAQnNSC
    or give me some rep here. ↓↓↓↓↓

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Latest Thread
    Vote America

Ignore User
    If VFD is vacuum fluorescent display (nice touch) what is HSF, heat sink and fan? I don't think HSF is human space flight in this application.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)
    Follow BFL_Josh On Twitter Add BFL_Josh on Facebook
    Latest Blog
    Busy day!
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Yeah, Heatsink/Fan. With regards to the Lorenz attractor, it's actually coincidental and wasn't part of the design, but it does look almost identical. Maybe it was a subconscious thing.

antonin likes this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post
    With regards to the Lorenz attractor, it's actually coincidental and wasn't part of the design, but it does look almost identical. Maybe it was a subconscious thing.
    Surely, you're mistaken! The logo is identical to Lorenz' strange attractor -- the mathematical construct which leads to the butterfly effect. Coincidence? Impossible!

Andreaus likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ignore User
    I love how the Jalapeno case looks! I hope the Single case looks just as awesome, though I realize it will need vents.

Josh, can you confirm or deny whether the initial ASIC chip design (the one we see on the prototype board pics?) had problems and a new chip had to be designed? I'm surprised to hear that the chips have taken weeks longer than you originally planned. I thought the bottleneck was going to be sourcing all the various components for the boards, coolers, and cases.

Last edited by Keefe; 10-30-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by streblo View Post
    Surely, you're mistaken! The logo is identical to Lorenz' strange attractor -- the mathematical construct which leads to the butterfly effect. Coincidence? Impossible!
    Beat me to it. But only because my Internet connection took a dump mid-post. Either way...

+1

Please help me pay off the BTCjam loan I took out for my Jalapeno. Oh, and college and stuff. Donate to me here: 1Fxjz5jz62biZLhynoCwCC2m9WNw82ZMD9
    Also, if you have any ideas for services I could provide for Bitcoins and where to advertise such services, please PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefe View Post
    I love how the Jalapeno case looks! I hope the Single case looks just as awesome, though I realize it will need vents.

Josh, can you confirm or deny whether the initial ASIC chip design (the one we see on the prototype board pics?) had problems and a new chip had to be designed? I'm surprised to hear that the chips have taken weeks longer than you originally planned. I thought the bottleneck was going to be sourcing all the various components for the boards, coolers, and cases.
    I hate it when I post only to find that someone else posted while I was writing my message. It makes it pretty hard to keep up and add my own remarks. Still, I too have these questions. What's going on here Josh?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    Latest Blog
    600Gh/s 28nm
    Blog Entries

Ignore User
    Well, that is a bit dissapointing but the new photos are great.
    I appreciate your honest and consistent updates.
    Just promise me you'll beat the other ASIC guys to market!

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

User Tag List